When buying your LPG:
- Always buy LPG cylinders from IOCL-authorised dealers only.
- When the LPG cylinder is delivered to your home, please check to ensure that the Gas seal should be present and intact. Do not accept the cylinder if the seal is broken
When cooking with LPG:
- Keep windows open to ventilate your kitchen.
- Do not place flammable or plastic items near the flame.
- Turn pan handles away from the flame.
- Never leave your cooking unattended. The sauce or liquid in your cooking vessel could overflow and extinguish the burners, causing gas to leak.
- Always keep the LPG valve / regulator switched off when your gas stove / oven is not in use, especially at night and when going on a holiday.
- Always store the LPG cylinder in an upright position and away from other combustible and flammable materials. Store no more than one spare LPG cylinder at any given time.
- Check for gas leaks regularly by applying soap solution on cylinder joints. The appearance of soap bubbles indicates leak points. Do not use open flame to detect leaks.
- Always replace worn-out or defective tubing and regulators. Half of all gas-related cooking accidents occur due to leakages from the rubber tube. Use only regulators and tubes ISI Mark.
- Make sure all parts of the installation are in good condition. If you should find anything wrong with any part, contact your distributor immediately and ask for assistance.
- Never tamper with your LPG cylinder.